Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Here we go

This may be a very bad idea. I am finishing a dissertation in management. I spend a lot of time journaling and pre-writing. Getting ideas down on screen so that I can build momentum and see how a thought looks once made concrete. Over tow years, this has accumulate into quite an amount of detritus of ideas, possibilities, and mental prospecting.

I have slowly learned that this actually may help me finish (I can be a slow learner).

I have not a lot of contact with my dissertation committee for many valid reasons that don’t need enumerating here.

Over time, I have assembled a loose collection of friends and contacts who have advised me about one aspect or another about this project.

As a peripheral observer and consumer of distributed information, web-based discourse, email-based discussions of a community of interest, and all the other fauna of the web-ecology, I have gained an appreciation for how this infoscape can facilitate writing and thinking.

So, I will try this weblog about my dissertation.


Some ground expectations…

I anticipate a small readership.

If you have comments or suggestions, feel free to add them.

I will avoid much of the personal ranting and neurosis dwelling that populates other pre-writing and journaling I have done.

The best way to start writing is to…start writing. Corollary: the best way to get out of a hole you have dug for yourself is to stop digging.

If you are a researcher or writer and you happen to like what you read here, cite away, but give credit too.

Here goes…

No comments: