Sunday, August 20, 2006

Roger says...

ROger, from my writing/French philosophy group says I should carry around a little card with all my publishing goals on it. He does one, and ritualistically retypes, prints, and cuts it to size once a month or so. You have to carry it in your wallet, like an ID card or something. He swears by it, and he did just go on a tear through tenure review year (publishing ro submitting about 5 dozen things).

I just always turn up my nose at "gimmicks." But, hell, why not? What can it hurt?

2 comments:

Cotton said...

So what's gonna be on your card? The committee, that's me, Cotton Smith, is concerned about the pace of your academic, shall we say, productivity? Cotton

jordi comas said...

1) Why cotton was the sharp end of the whip of African-American subjugation.

2) Why cotton impoverishes 200,000,000 souls in Africa due to the anti-free trade policies of the US government.

3) Why commiittees are as stupid as they are